The Executive Search Group is a boutique search firm specializing in the recruitment of cyber security executives, and leaders in security technology.
Our specialty is the identification and delivery of leadership talent capable of driving innovation and growth.
Areas of expertise include: corporate leadership in cyber security (CISO, CTO, CSO) in verticals like pharma, banking, financial, media and technology, as well as Professional Services firms including Big 4, and aspiring Tax, Accounting and Advisory building out their respective cyber security and risk practices.
We help early stage startups with talent acquisition in sales, and product, as well as VC backed security software ventures in technology product development leadership recruitment.
Our many, long-term clients turn to us again and again, seeking the sophistication and experience of a large search firm, but with the hands-on, high-touch quality of service only a boutique firm can offer.
And industry educators, like Security Magazine, rely on Tim’s expert advice and insights for topics related to hiring top cyber talent. Read the latest article >
Tim McIntyre, Founder
Tim finds reward not only in providing his clients with a superior search and placement experience, but particularly in filling roles that address information and cyber security, identified as “one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face as a nation,” by the U.S. Government.*
With 20+ years’ experience, a Masters in Organizational Development from Columbia University, and a natural sense for matching opportunities and cultures with the right talent, Tim takes particular pride in the fact that his hires have a nearly 100% offer acceptance and 90% retention rate at the three year mark. “We do our work upfront, putting ourselves in our client’s shoes. We only consider candidates who are serious about their next role and want to stay long enough to make a difference.”
When you work with ESG, all client contact will be directly with Tim. Rest assured, you’ll never be handed off to a less experienced staff member.
Proven Search Methodology
How do we consistently beat industry averages for retention and offer acceptance? Here’s our process:
1. When you contract us for a retained search, each potential candidate is pre-referenced, before you see his/her resume. That means our principal has personally spoken to his or her (former) direct boss.
2. All mission critical phases of each assignment, including needs analysis, initial candidate contact, candidate assessment, market reporting, and 360 degree reference audits, are led by our principal and founder.
3. After we conduct appraisals, you receive a detailed assessment of each candidate's potential fit – with the specific position and with your organization as a whole.
4. We debrief with both you and the candidate after each discussion. Whether a candidate is a “match” or not, debriefs allow us to learn from the process, ensuring that the value we deliver only increases over time.
5. Even after you make your hiring decision, we will stay in touch with the successful candidate, helping to make the transition smooth (and to provide support against potential counter-offers).
When you retain The Executive Search Group, you get our written guarantee that the candidates you meet will have the passion, skills and leadership qualities you need in your next CIO, CTO, CSO, vice president, senior director or senior manager. Your engagement with us isn’t finished unless you’re completely satisfied.
With more than 20 years of successful “hands-on” executive recruiting behind us, our approach emphasizes a search methodology that delivers better quality candidates, more accurate fits and hires who stay longer.